Wednesday, May 26, 2010

whizz bang

"Let's get off that subject. Move on. I'm doing something classical, not whizz-bang. Whizz-bang disappears. It goes 'whizz' and then 'bang'. You insult me by even wanting to bring it into this conversation. I'm not interested."
Kiri Te Kanawa on Susan Boyle.
*
*

i feel like the SuBo of art.
untrained, unprofessional and insulting to the *real* artists!
still, i hope i get a few more years of "whizz" before i go "bang!"
*
*
(ps i think KTeK sounds a wee bit like an elitest snob don't you think? mega cringe)

5 comments:

  1. that looks so pretty - tell me what the medium is??? And yes a LARGE cringe at Ms KTK...comments like that lose you frienda and admirers thats for sure! oooo, gues what ?! I'm starting another thrus night art class - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It bugs me when artists are so snide. Does she think it will make her look bad if she says something nice about someone else with talent? Even if Susan Boyle's fame and success proves fleeting, does she have to have predicted it, otherwise she will look stupid? No, it's called, "tact," you can compliment without saying all you think. Golly!

    Your work of art is lovely...really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful... it looks like a screen print?

    I am sure you will be getting a lot of whizz in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Have you heard Hayley? She's not in my world, she's never been in it at all."
    This is what Ms KTK had to say about Hayley Westernra! *cringe*

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x