Friday, June 11, 2010

make my week #23


this ex-hamilton city library book caught my eye at an op-shop a few weeks ago and when i went back on tuesday it was still there so i knew it must've been waiting for me! :)

the illustrations are fascinating. gesso paint on boards of plywood.
and the story/poem is just gorgeous.

perfect for a bunting for a little boy's room (corner) don't you think?


the easiest bunting i've ever made!

i cut a triangular template, picked the best pics and parts of the poem, cut them out with a craft knife then sewed a ribbon across the top. easy-peasy!
and the coolest thing? no other little boy in the world has one the same :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahnyounghaseyo!

    You are so creative!
    That's just so beautiful!

    God Bless
    ~* Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!...and you x...sorry feeling soppy and all emotional after holding my sweet 10min old neice for 2 or so hours...and of course watching my sister bear her burden is always shattering. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, I think I may have to make one for the boys room too. Sadie has a fabric one I made for her first birthday. It looks gorgeous in her room.x x

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x