Thursday, August 12, 2010

fabric, frankie and fringes

last week some dear older ladies invited me to come to their weekly craft morning and show my dolls. i may have mentioned that i prefer to use vintage fabrics (and i may have even begged, hands clasped, "please don't throw your old fabrics out!!")
and so, some have been "thrown" my way:

a few of my faves:

oh, and william wallace may have successfully beat off the lurgies before they even had a chance (yuss!) but when the babe isn't doing anything that requires being apart from my hip, this fierce lurgie-fighting warrior needs to get out.
and so, i went to get my first Frankie mag



turns out, all that glitters isn't gold.
the glittery glimpses while browsing off the shelf a couple of weeks ago were very sparkly but generally, this one is a lil too worldly for me i think! (call me old-fashioned but i think the writing should be as pretty as the pictures. cuss-words aren't pretty. )
oh, World Sweet World you are missed.


but! glittery bits were very lovely!
actually, really lovely.
***

**yes, i have a fringe - no haters please, i already know i am the world's worst hair stylist. gahhh. total fail on the twenty10 resolutions to be friends with my hair! (still)

6 comments:

  1. lucky your scoring all that beautiful vintage fabric! I am missing World Sweet World too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought 'Frankie' was overrated too. 'Peppermint' is much more my cup of sugary-sweet tea. And nie score on the fabrics! You're one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fabric is lovely... and your fringe would fit right in in Germany where you can't get a hair cut without one (literally).d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric, CUTE fringe!! I agree re: Frankie although I am prepared to gloss over the rubbish for the pretty, Peppermint is definately prettier! It is more eco-friendly, eco fashion and less "uni dayz" (no offense students!) :)

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x