Friday, December 31, 2010

make my week #52 - mix n match!


i can't believe we are really here. 52 weeks! it's been so much fun making stuff for this last year.

i LOVE this week's creation.

1. take one much-too-small Principal's dress that has been rejected from your trendy younger sister's wardrobe.
2. add a thrifted skirt with magical seer-sucker 70s fabric.


3. cut through the middle.

4. donate the lower half to the girl-offspring and keep the upper half for yourself.

(Did i hear someone ask if that is a scalloped hem on the girl-offspring's dress? why yes it is :)
i know...cute huh!!)


Jada's bodice came from dress that had already been partially cut up for fabric. divine.

ps. happy new year!!
we're away for a bit and i'm so excited to spend the time refocusing for 2011.
be safe and blessed
xo


3 comments:

  1. I love it - so clever! Have an amazing New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, well done! Yes, I was scrolling back and forth thinking "I'm sure that hem wasn't scalloped!" ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your 'about' description includes 'milk maker'! My parents have a home video of me talking about my milk makers when I was five and my dad showed it to Brett (husband) when he was visiting one time before we were married. HA! Talk about getting to know someone better!

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x