1. measure your headboard. consider thickness of wood and any other protruding bits of wood. also remember a pillow will block out some of the image. measure again to be sure.
6. place and sew images on to large piece of fabric.
Note: i used my vinyl scraps again because i am too lazy to zig-zag my way around a million corners and edges! to hold the vinyl in place i used sellotape. if you are using fabric (and doing the zig-zag applique thing) you'd be wise to use visafix or something similar.
7. once the image is complete, attach batting (is that what it's called? i'm not a quilter!) to the back of it. because i am not a quilter i didn't have any batting so used polar fleece instead. and because i loathe polar fleece, i only had pink in 'stock'! so...pink it was :)
8. with right sides together, join the fleece to the image panel along THE BOTTOM only. flip around the right way and do a tidy neat topstitch.
9. get your back panel fabric piece and with right sides together, whip up the sides and across the top, making sure you sew through all 3 layers of fabric (back panel, fleece & front panel)
mmmm, sweetness :)
(did you notice the digger cushion? i promise he does NOT use a pillow now. ever!)