Wednesday, June 15, 2011

art for kids - symmetry + portraits

for my little "art lesson" today we looked at symmetry and our faces:



you'll need:
* one enlarged photo of child's face and cut down the centre.
* colouring pencils.

this really stretched the kids (4-6 yo) but they coped fantasically and did a brillant job I thought.

After they had finished colouring their faces in, we had some extra time so, to make it really personal, i had them draw some of their favourite things around the space by their heads.

(Ty did fish, playing Cowboys & Indians -is that even pc?- and writing books i think! :) )

5 comments:

  1. love these! He did really goooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved and filed for future use. I mean it. 3 years from now, we WILL be doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to print out photos right now! Thanks for the idea! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use this another way by cutting the portrait horizontally I get the class to draw caricatures by exaggerating the upper or lower features of the face. May be for future use with older children

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x