Saturday, July 30, 2011

gettin my farm on

this week has been a week i'm giddy-pleased to be at the end of and yet, deeply grateful for.

{watching the neighbour's sheep with her new yellow twin lambs}

the three oldest kiddos left this afternoon to spend a couple of nights at my mum's.
it's just me, JR and the babe! *twiddles fingers*

oh, and - as of 20 minutes ago - this guy:


and because the kiddos aren't here, i get naming rights.
"mr muddy-knees"
(...no? too much of a mouthful??)


so if you'll excuse me i need to go get my farm on...
like, 6 feeds a day!
(and no kids to do it for me!!)

8 comments:

  1. I think that might be the cutest lamb ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You live in such a wonderful part of the country! How awesome for your kids to grow up around such beauty. We had lambs when I was a kid too - the only ones we named were two twins, "tyler" and "maddison".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mr Muddy Knees is beautiful, look at that face, he looks SO happy. I do love the pants your little one is sporting, super cute!! I'm down to only 2 children tonight too, love a good sleep over, at a farm too, they'll be exhausted when they come home after all that horse riding. Off to deliver them now & pick up my eldest, so for a few minutes, it will just be me & my baby (who is 7) but he likes our moments together. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAhhh!! Cuteness on four spindly, muddy legs! I want newbie lamb cuddles. glad to hear that horrible bug has departed finally too??? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock that farm look! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mr MK is adorable and I do like those tights your babe is sporting :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering how I could 'borrow' a lamb and bring it to suburbia for a wee while - just so my kids can experience it !! !! We have chickens - BUT - just imagine a wee lamb - can you pop Mr Muddy Knees on the courier down to Auckland - just for a week ::))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! My Dad had a lamb as a kid called "mint sauce" ... perhaps not a name I'd recommend. Mr Muddy Knees is cute or perhaps "4 ply"?

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x