Monday, July 11, 2011

Make my week #27 - redrawn art

in case you begin marvelling at the amazing crochet blanket i made this week, i'll set you straight:

i found this picture a few weeks ago while op shopping:


the composition, colours (it wasn't faded blue!) and subject matter caught my eye. (i think it reminded me of me and JR and our brood of turkeys waddling behind us!!)

i added a few sharpie lines...


...a nod to our rural upbringings




















and now we have some new wall art beside our bed.
brill!

what have you been up to??

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous! You are super clever Dee, I can't wait to see more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool!! I am so excited that i'm going to be learning how to do crochet next week - a friend is teaching me & my 4 children at the same time (this way the children can re-teach me 5 minutes after i've forgotten what to do!!) I really want to whip up a blanket like this, stunningly gorgeous!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesomeness.
    {you and your deco painting not what I've been up to}

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is adorable! I love the mushrooms + cute little berries. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art definitely looks pretty cool! and that blanket...wowee, gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower of your blog...love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could sell these. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really adore that you made this lovely find 'your own' by personalising it so cleverly. You've added so much beauty to what was already an evocative piece.

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x