Monday, July 25, 2011

Make my Week #29 - making it tidy

besides 3 friendship bracelets (2 for Jada, 1 for Ty) i didn't make anything last week because of the tummy bug we all had (it raised its head again last night...nooooo~~~)
so instead i'm going to show you some organising i did in my 'sewing room' (i so desperately want to say "studio" but it'd really be too much of a stretch! ha.)

this is supposed to be where i sew.
that space on the table is assigned for my sewing machine.
BUT, everyone with kids knows that sewing can really only happen right in the very heart of a home...so that's where my sewing machine pretty much lives at the moment.

i found this spice rack with jars awhile ago and painted it up.
i decided i'd start a little 'Notions Pantry' happening for all my sewing bits n pieces:




i hope your week was a little (a LOT) more productive than mine!
thanks to everyone who has introduced themselves over the last few days...some amazing women and blogs out there!

X

(does anyone else collect selvedges? or is that just me...?!)

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love your space! Soooo love it! The only person that I know who collects selvages (apart from you) is a lady who sews stuff from them - but can't for the life of me remember which blog that is!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth do you do with selvages?

    The spice rack idea is so brilliant - Dearly Dee blog has one for her nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee!

    Yeah I'm intrigued... whats with the selvages? A lovely space - and I love the colour co-ordinated button jars.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spice rack is rocking! We had the same one growing up! only still original 'woo' colour. And YES I collect selvedges too. Hope the puku's feel better soon, nothing worse than a re-occuring tummy bug! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. Inspired! Can't wait to set uip my space- might have to pick your brain for some ideas..or for executing some ideas. Love that spice rack. Hoping you are all well again soon. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh I like your space...loving the idea of a notions pantry, just what I need.
    My friend Kat collects selvedges :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hands up* hi my name is Cat and I collect selvages :)
    LOL
    and your sewing space is sooooo lovely and NOW I know why I don't get as much sewing done as I WANT to! My sewing machine is tucked away in my little Narnia and it needs to be in the HEART of the home so I can watch the kids and sew at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the spice jars look awesome. I recently bought some old cream bottles and a milk bottle carrier from the op shop,to put my sewing bits and bobs in.
    Love that tray turned noticeboard too - cool idea!
    Im with PJ about the selvages, but also can't remember the blog name... I am happy to save my selvages and forward them to you if you want them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is nice to see where my little treasures are made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your tray on the wall, I have one that I decoupaged with an old golden book that would be nice in my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your tray on the wall, I have one that I decoupaged with an old golden book that would be nice in my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the tray/magnet board on wall!![genius!] I've got a oldschool one thats got legs that pull out so you can have breakfast in bed - very handy! and I've just found a yummy one with ducks i'm hoping to put on the wall but will have to figure out some command strips device as alas renting - so have that wall hanging dilema.... love your style! not sure how you do all you do, but think you are a very remarkable lady :) ps I have a blog called homemaidwithlove.blogspot (not so very crafty) but would love you to have a peep if you have chance sometime x c

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x