Thursday, October 13, 2011

{guest post} tutorial::happy hanging sticks



Hi my name is Jada, i hope you're enjoying mum's blog party.
Today my friend Keely and I are going to show you how to make "Happy Hanging Sticks".

(aren't they the cutest??!!)


First, you lay the sticks how you want them to be.
Then, you will need to paint rings around the stick.


Then, you cut a groove around the stick with the scissors. Be careful!
The groove is for the string to fit into.


Then, you tie the string around the grooves and put beads on the string.
This is where it will hang.


Then, you need to tie the rest of your sticks to the main stick and you can decorate with beads, shells or feathers.




Have fun making it (if you do!)

From Jada

16 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous craft and what a gorgeous Guest!!!
    well done Jada.
    ps. I have a daughter named Keeley, just like your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat idea! awesome guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Jada - you sticks look very creative. I think you and your mum are both very clever. Thanks for sharing your cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. What a super cute guest blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST GUEST POST EVER!!!
    Well done girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son Oliver will love this project. We glued glitter all over some sticks a while back but they made a big mess hanging over his bed. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks jada and keeley!!! what a fabulous idea... I am about to show my kids this video so they can have a go!! Well done girls.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are sooooooooooooooo cute! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea, Jada! will definately show this one to my boys so they can have a go :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!!!I am glad you like it!!!

    Jada .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks Jada, Sadie would love to these. J. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jada you are just as clever as your mum!
    Love your hanging stick and enjoyed your post.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like cool fun Jada...I think my girls will like making one of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look awesome..

    PS, Keely is friends with my daughter Sophie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Jada, these are awesome! You and your friend are very creative!
    I also really love the dresses you're both wearing, so pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Jada, we think your video was super cute, and we like your happy hanging sticks!

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x