Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Make my Week #41 - All Black doll!!

if you know anything about rugby you will know that NZ have just hosted and WON the world cup. it's been a fun 7 weeks supporting our All Blacks team to their victory.

because of this, it has been extra rad to make an order i had for a custom early 80s style All Black doll - (you know, back when the tops weren't spray painted on and the collars were real not implied? and all the players had lamb chop sideburns with handlebar moustaches?) - a Murray Mexted-ish doll to be precise.



and like any typical world-cup winning sportsman, here he is chatting up the ladies before he headed off to his new home in Qatar:


i made 2 more All Blacks similar to this guy for my shop, so keep an eye out on facebook or twitter for first alerts on when they'll be added.

X



9 comments:

  1. ha ha Murray Mexted went to my high school (well obviously much before my time!) An awesome doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, when I first saw the photo old Murray came to mind. Totally cute!

    Wasn't the final a nail biting one?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job of Murray! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really would like one Dee if you feel the need to do a custom order. Boy or girl our number 3 will need a reminder it was born the year we won the world cup. I'm thinking a Richie doll? Think you're up for it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want Need Want Need Want Need !!
    Watching your shop

    ps: I was contacted by a Waikato blogger today looking for fellow Waikato bloggers .. .. ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following your blog for a bit now, but don't think I've ever commented! I have the same lovely group of kiddos, too, only mine are 3 boys, then a girl :o) No number #5...yet!

    LOVE your dolls!!! I make and sell dolls, too, and just wanted to send out a friendly doll maker "hello!" If you are interested in seeing mine you can visit my blog http://www.hiddeninmyheartdolls.blogspot.com/

    Have a blessed day!
    Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! that is too cute! i had been supporting the all blacks from way over in the states all by my lonesome while everyone else was amped about "football". after the world cup was over i had trouble taking other sports seriously...

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x