1. i used to think croup was an ancient disease, like 'consumption' or something. now, it's a much-too-common dirty word that gets hissed through vapouriser steam in the middle of the night. how is it They can transplant hearts, hands and faces but there is no prevention/cure for common childhood croup?
(still, i'd rather croup than asthma, allergies, whooping cough or a million other things)
2. i suspected my reason for decorating our home for Christmas was so i could showcase it here, not for us to enjoy. and so - to teach myself a lesson - there will be some strict Christmas Decor Posting Guidelines!
3. i'm getting weary of the word, "vintage". you?
4. we are heading off on a 4-5 hour road trip tomorrow to the Hawkes Bay. any travelling-with-a-million-kids tips?
5. the burst of followers on this here blog has been unexpected and quite lovely, but i miss making friendships like i did when there were only 50. please introduce yourself and comment often so i can get to know you. that'd be real nice~
6. confession: i've been really struggling to enjoy the kiddos lately. i hate these phases. parents who treat their kids as inconvenient make me so mad...and i've been that parent recently. it usually comes from a self-absorbed preoccupation with slaving for my family vs. serving them. gah~
7. i still have a bunch of Christmas presents to get - and am totally stumped on most of them.
8. this time 2 years ago, i was 40 weeks +1 with Danny. but no one knew i was "overdue" because i never tell my EDD. ha
9. guess what else? the kids are all in the same room! and we are in a room by ourselves for the first time in 4 years - such a novelty to talk loud and turn lights on when we go to bed! will give you a tour soooooon.
10. lunch time...gotta go!