Wednesday, January 11, 2012

wardrobe wednesday - new maternity dress

this week i've been on a mission to sew a dress that my belleh actually fits into.


i picked this fabric up (approx 6m) about 5 years ago for $4 from an op shop (i think it may have been a sari previously?) and it has, what looks like to be, colourful little coffee beans all over it! the pattern i got for almost free at a market.


i shortened the sleeves and length a bit and added bias trim to the sleeves as well as the neckline. i really like this pattern and might even try to make the winter version of it some time.
i'm hoping i will be able to wear it after baby is born with a belt at the waist.



(don't our manuka trees look fabulous?)
...

joining in with:

you should too...there are prizes! :)

X


12 comments:

  1. It looks so great on you, I love all of the pattern modifications you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVERLY! I'm not sure who looks more fabulous you or the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..that came out wrong when I re-read it. I meant that you definitely outrate the trees by a long shot....*slaps head*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-eee. Might be my favourite of the day - I love that you put a skinny belt and the basket with it - it really just goes to show that pregnancy does not mean giving up on style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! You're such a stunner!

    Also- totally didn't know WW was all go again, count me in next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 <3 <3 Man I hope I look as good as you with 6 weeks to go! (I have a tenancy to swell up... ick!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it Dee and it looks fab on you. I definitely think you could pull off wearing this afterwards with a belt :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a cute little dress, just my style with the little sleeves. Well done, looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lookin' good! also, checking out wardrobe wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x