Monday, July 9, 2012

winterless weekend



one of the unique things about the North Island of NZ is that it tapers to point where two coasts can be seen simultaneously and two oceans meet. it's a place i've never been, but this weekend we did the 45 minute trip to Cape Reinga. it was a perfect day and breath-taking to be at our land's end.

we then visited the enormous Te Paki sand dunes and drove down the stream to 90 Mile Beach (assisted a vehicle stuck in the soft sand on the way past).
 
we drove home down the west coast which gave JR a chance to work on his boy-racer look (although, the people mover kinda ruins it)

the next day we went to Maitai Bay at Karikari peninsular where some real, actual swimming happened.

my body and soul are thriving with all this extra warmth and vitamin D. i hope you had a wonderful weekend too
xo





9 comments:

  1. Stunning photos. Looks like an amazing place. Glad the soul is doing well. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! I've only been to the cape the once, but next time we are up I'm hoping to take the kids. It's truly breath taking isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dee, i've just caught up on all your glorious news. Thrilled that you are having a wonderful time. Nourished, nurtured and inspired - perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breath taking! God does do good work! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful. I spent my honeymoon up there 13 years ago and it is truly magical and beautiful. I'm so glad you are having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't our country truly stunning? I have not been that far north either but I'll get there one day :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos I love that part of NZ. Spectacular x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing place. I love spending time by the beach in Winter too. It's quieter and I think that extra shot of vitamin d does wonders at this time of year. I've never been, but New Zealand looks like a truly spectacular place and one I would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just breathtaking! i'm so glad you're doing well, i hope the sun & comfortable temperatures keep up for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x