Saturday, September 1, 2012

{recipe} lemonade syrup

it's officially the first day of spring in the southern hemisphere today! yay, i really feel like we skipped winter this year. 
our lemon tree is overloaded with lemons and we've been making this gorgeous lemon syrup almost everyday. you'll need::
::put everything in a bowl together, pour the boiling water over and give it a good mix until the sugar is dissolved::
::let it sit until cooled::
::sieve and enjoy your syrup!::
add 1 part syrup to 3-4 parts water or soda water.
mostly we premix it but you can also just store it in the fridge and use it on a per-glass basis ;)

it's wonderful as a lime syrup too and can be used with soda water and bitters. mmm~

HAPPY SPRING!
x

6 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying homemade lemon cordial too. It is delicious and so much better than any store bought version.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious- Thank you. Will be making some too. Thanks for the recipe. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been loving homemade cordial too, and using it with the Soda Stream. Best investment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be a total disaster but I'm going to try this with sweetner instead of sugar since Tom is a diabetic. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic, now if only I could encouraged my citrus trees to thrive rather than [just] survive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to go raid my friends tree :)

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x