Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jada's Christmas Gift

When Jada read in a book about a young kiwi girl who had cut her long hair and donated it for making wigs, she decided it was something she would like to do also. 
So after a couple of years of growing her hair to reach the minimum length, Jada was finally able to give the gift she’d been waiting so long to give – and she got to do it on Christmas day. 

She was able to donate 25cm of her gorgeous hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and my hairdresser sister gave her a cute new hair cut.
kinda really proud of her
x
.....................................................................................................
Would you like to do the same?
*must no less than 20cm of hair 
*must be uncoloured hair
*must be no more than 5% grey
Full details at Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
.....................................................................................................

18 comments:

  1. Jada! That's a gorgeous gift, go you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed she'd cut her hair in the photo of her on fb and knew there'd be a story. And what an awesome story it is. Go Jada!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! How inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, love filled gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new hair cut a few of us bloggers did this earlier in the year too - I loved doing it :o) Yay Jada for your beautiful and generous heart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to cut it on Christmas!! I've been growing my hair out all year and just made my appointment for the big chop...I can't wait to say I've donated too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a thoughtful young woman! I shaved all my hair off for Canteen when I was 17 and it's still one of the best things I have ever done. You rock Jada! PS. The new do is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats awesome!! And she looks absolutely gorgeous with her new haircut too!! What an awesome gift, very special! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done this many times through Locks of Love, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jada, you have a gorgeous heart and will make such a wonderful difference in the life of another.
    Love your new look, so pretty.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is amazing - and Jada looks so beautiful with her new haircut as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eloise and I just did the same! Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being as I have a SIL that has had cancer a "few" times, and had to get a wig... I thank her from the bottom of my heart for her generosity! I have two daughters that have done the same. There are little girls out there who are so grateful right now... for little girls like yours!
    Merry Christmas, and have a wonderfully lovely new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have raised such a wonderful daughter! I would But I do not meet the coloured/grey criteria :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome girl! What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three of my daughters did this a few years back. They felt so happy to be able to help someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. What a beautiful thing for her to do. You have a very special daughter there, Dee! xx

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x